Let’s face it, with change coming rapidly from every angle, it is really important to test the waters, and seek reductions in cost from a variety of traditional Business Expenses. And with all of these new monthly expenses for SaaS, Wireless Devices, GPS, etc that we all are experiencing, it really makes sense to make sure your costs are current to the market.
Expense is the “Cost” associated with your Heat Bill, for example. Waste is leaving the window open in February as you’re trying to heat your business.
Here is a tough question that all of us that are charged with the task of continually reducing expenses: How much Waste can be cut from our Process(es) 10%? 20%? 30%?
Managed Print Services (MPS) is a methodology that through its stages, addresses both Expense Reduction & Waste Reduction.
In the Printer/Copier Fleet Environment, Expense Reduction is addressed as follows (short list):
- Reducing your Fleet of Devices to a reasonable number. Most companies have simply too many printers, MFPs, Copiers & Fax Machines.
- Optimize your devices for the correct job. Color Printers for Color Jobs, Larger, Lower Cost Printer Workhorses for Large Print Volumes. Large mono print jobs cost twice as much on a color device as they do on mono printers.
- Develop Business Process that completely negate the need for a Paper Based Process, therefore eliminating the machine. After all, isn’t no cost per page, the lowest cost per page? Document Management Solutions.
Managed Print Services (MPS) also addresses Waste Reduction:
- Do you really need 11 X 17 Printers? Do you even have 11 X 17 Paper in house? And if you do use this larger format, could you find another device in your fleet or outsource?
- Stock room full of expired toners? MPS providers generally practice JIT (just in time) Supplies delivery to avoid this waste.
- How about Print Jobs that are never retrieved? Ever see that? You could force “PIN Printing” forcing users to enter a PIN Code to get their prints. If they don’t show up, the prints remain in memory, not paper.
Are there any other areas in your business(es) that Waste is the norm and provides an opportunity for Expense Reduction?